This is a 'Google automated Translation' from http://artron-fsx.blogspot.com. 'Human' translation in progres...
If you followed the previous tutorials devoted to IFR flight, you're in cruise flight at an altitude of 21,000 feet at the Nice airport.
The approach will start when you receive a message telling you the ATC track where you will land the plane.
Apart from the fact that you need to adjust the direction of your plane to Cape 190, you just know that you will land on runway 4L airport. We will now proceed to setting the ILS so that the autopilot can adjust myself on the line of descent.
We'll have to know the frequency corresponding to the ILS runway 4L. To do this, open the map. Verify that the airports are well displayed and click the Nice airport. All the frequency of the airport will be displayed. These tracks are displayed corresponding to the last.
For the runway 4L, the frequency is 109 050 and its direction is 045 (must follow the course 45 to be aligned with the runway).
To enter the frequency displayed the communications board , then click the button Nav1.
Using the circular button, set the frequency 109,950.
The switch is composed of two parts. The inner part adjusts the frequency range after the '.', The outer part adjusts the frequency range before the '.'.
Then click the button (green double arrow) to make the frequency of the runway as active.
Shortly after, you will receive your first indication of ATC descent.
- Put your throttle at idle.
- On the autopilot, set the altitude to 9000, then disable the automatic throttle button (ATHR). Now it's up to you to manage the speed. For my part, I increase the speed of descent to 2500 which will have the effect of keeping the aircraft a speed of 250 knots.
- Continue to follow the instructions from ATC.
- When you receive a statement authorizing you to land
- Engage the approach procedure on autopilot
- The autopilot will fly the approach for you (alignment with the axis of the track and down).
- Remove the spoilers [:] to slow the aircraft to 180 knots. Attention You control the speed, make small adjustments on the handle of gases. Enter the spoilers, when the speed decreased.
- Put the shutters 3 [F7]
- At 160 knots, pull the train [G]
The aircraft will join the track alone, but will not the landing itself. If you let the automatic pilot, arriving over the runway the plane will go up.
At the threshold of the runway, disengage the autopilot (AP button). If you leave the shifter in neutral position, the plane will pierce the nose as the aircraft is not in a horizontal position during the descent.
Personally, I resumed the controls of the plane a bit earlier to have more tends to adjust the handle to the position of aircraft descent.
- Make the round
- When the wheels touch the ground, brake [,] and then snap the thrust reversers [F2].
- At 60 knots, disengage the thrust reversers [F1].
- Leave the track as soon as possible.
- Contact the tower on the ground and let guide you to the parking area.
While the autopilot was much more than you on this flight and drive you would have preferred a bit more. The advantage of these tutorials is that by following this process you should be able to perform any service. Feel free to make the later stages manually (without autopilot).
FSX, Flight Simulator X, How to, IFR, Flight, Landing, Tutorial, Land